Saturday, July 11, 2009

Revisiting Beijing

(not that I've been to Beijing before, but, you know)

So, because the NBA is charging $15 to watch the Summer League coverage, I decided to watch the USA-Spain final from last summer again instead. You'd think that I would take this as a hint from the basketball gods to take a fucking break and perhaps get a life, but no. That was never really an option.

Anyway, the USA-Spain game was pretty much as awesome as I remembered. The standard of play, and offensive efficiency, was fucking ridiculous. I mean, I guess it had to be for both teams to get well into the 100s in a 40 minute game, but it was still somewhat stunning. Nobody on either team had a particularly poor game, and Dwyane Wade was ridiculously good (especially) early on. I have to admit that rewatching the performances of Rubio, Paul, and Rudy was probably the most fun, as all three had brilliant stretches (of greatly varying lengths, of course). Ultimately, in case you forgot, Spain kept it close throughout, but the US was able to finally pull away a little bit in the last couple minutes, and won 118-107.

Oh, and that Usain Bolt guy also did stuff in Beijing. Rewatching that 9.68? Still awesome (as well as the 19.31). But Tyson Gay managed a 9.77 the other day in Rome, to make things slightly more interesting as we inch towards this year's IAAF World Championships, in Berlin.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, nothing is fucking happening right now. I am not going to write about Paul Millsap, Brandon Bass, and Jarrett Jack. Today, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment